Breakfast is, without a doubt, the best meal of the day. It doesn’t matter what it is; I absolutely love everything breakfast. While scrambled eggs with everything in them has to be my first go-to, pancakes come as a close second. I usually make them from scratch because, honestly, it’s really not that much harder than using Bisquick, and the taste is easily a quadrillion times better. Seriously. You can’t beat these pancakes.
This recipe is very basic, but you can change it up pretty easily simply by adding things right before it goes on the griddle. Try adding 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, a handful of chocolate chips, some fresh blueberries, a mashed-up overripe banana, or even an apple ring for a different taste!
Easy Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients
- Add in the wet ingredients
- Mix until smooth.
- If you are going to add anything additional for flavor, add it now.
- Heat up a pan with some butter in the bottom
- Pour a dollop of batter on the pan. Flip when bubbles begin to form and pop around the edges of the pancake
- Serve hot with your favorite syrup or topping!
Once you give these pancakes a try, I virtually guarantee that you’ll find them to taste twice as yummy as anything out of a box. While it might not look like it at first, the price per pancake is actually way cheaper than spending the money on pancake mix or even Bisquick.