I was reminded today while reading an email I received, that there are some products out there, that simple do far more than their original purpose. For instance in this example, coffee filters.
Priced at a dollar, at most of your dollar stores, they can apparently be used for more things that you ever imagined.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave
3. Protect China
. Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine
bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to
absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with
a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a
coffee filter to prevent
the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a
12. Do you think we use expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken
fingers, etc on them.
Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
We all know other common household items like this, Vinegar is one that comes quickly to mind.
Tell me about your favorite item that does multi duty in your kitchen!
Picture by G&A Satler