I used to make calzones for my crew on a regular basis when they were growing up. A perfect grab and go idea for teens there is no limit of ideas to do with these. use one of my ideas or come up with your own!
These freeze extremely well and reheat in the microwave or oven making them perfect for once a month cooking sessions.
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 ¾ – 3 ¼ cup flour
Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar. Let it set for a few minutes until foamy (if you’re using fast-rise yeast, you can just add the yeast with the flour and go on) Then stir in oil salt and flour. Knead 5 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes. Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll/pat each piece into a circle ( maybe about 6” across or so)
Top half with filling of choice, keeping back from edges from edges so it will seal well. Fold the other ½ of the circle over the filling and pinch sides together or seal with a fork. Poke a couple steam vents and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Pizza sauce with veggies, pepperoni, ham and mozzarella cheese.
- Condensed cream soups with veggies and meat
- Ham and cheese
- Sloppy Joe Mix
- Hamburger,American cheese, and sautéed onion
- Left over stew
- left over chili
- Taco meat, olives, and onions with cheese over top
- mini meatballs , spaghetti sauce & mozzarella
- breaded chicken , spaghetti sauce , mozzarella & parmesan
- ham , cheddar cheese & cubed potatoes
- Turkey or chicken,onions,broccoli, and cheddar or Swiss
- fajita seasoned chicken or beef, red peppers,onions and Monterey jack
- Chopped hot dogs with chili and cheese
- steamed veggies in a white sauce
Ragu sauces work really well for these if you are in a hurry, such as the cheese or white sauces or you can make your own to make it more frugal.
- sausage & cheese
- sausage , egg & cheese
- bacon , egg , cheese , onions , green peppers
- Bacon, egg & cheese
- ham, egg & cheese
- strawberry cheesecake
- peach cobbler
- cream fillings (banana, fudge, strawberry)